Applications are available for NET /JRF /GATE /GPAT candidates for admission to Ph.D in Psychology and Clinical Psychology programs. The applications are available at the University of South Bihar. Candidates, who want to pursue Ph.D. in Psychology or Clinical Psychology can now apply for the same. Read this article for further details regarding admissions.
The University of South Bihar came into existence under the Central Universities Act, 2009 as central university of Bihar and the name has since been reidentified by the Central University (Amendment) Act, 2014 to University of South Bihar. The university’s academic program started with a rented building on the premises of Birla Institute of Technology, Patna (BIT) in 2009. The academic journey of the university started with the Centre of Development Studies and a two-year Master of Arts in Development Studies.
Here are the Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. in Psychology and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology.
Ph.D. in Psychology
To be eligible to pursue Ph.D. in psychology at the University of South Bihar, candidates must have completed their Master’s in Psychology with not less than 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B on UGC 7-point scale. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for those students who belong to the category of SC /ST /OBC-NCL or PwD candidates, hence they must have 50% marks in their Master’s in Psychology.
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
Students must have cleared their Master’s in Psychology and M.Phil. Clinical Psychology from an institute recognized by RCI to be eligible for Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the University of South Bihar. It is essential to have 55% marks in aggregate for each or its equivalent Grade B on UGC 7-point scale. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for those students who belong to the category of SC /ST /OBC-NCL or PwD candidates, hence they must have 50% marks in their Master’s in Psychology.
Here is the detailed schedule for Ph.D. Programs.
|Opening of online application forms and submission of prescribed application fee||4th November 2023|
|Last Date for Submission of application forms with prescribed application fee||20th November 2023|
|Verification of documents and interview (In offline mode)||22nd November 2023 & 23rd November 2023|
|Announcement of Merit List for Admission||29th November 2023|
|Date for payment of fee for admission (In online mode)||From 30th November 2023 to 5th December 2023|
For Ph.D. in Psychology and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, the application fee is ₹800/- for General or EWS category candidates. Candidates who belong to OBC /SC /ST /PwD need to pay ₹500- as the application fee.
Application fees once paid by the candidates will not be refundable under any circumstances. Candidates are required to make the payment of the application fee through SBI Collect using online mode while filling out the application form.
The total number of available seats for Ph.D. in Psychology or Clinical Psychology at University of South Bihar is 12. Out of 12, 4 seats are unreserved there. 3 seats are reserved for those students who belong to the category of OBC. 3 seats are reserved for SC and 1 is reserved for ST category students. Remaining 1 seats is reserved for EWS Category students.
How to Apply for the Admission?
- Applicants can fill out and submit the form using the link mentioned below.
Form link: https://forms.gle/EBdMRNMhCWqa84Da8
- Candidates need to upload recent passport-size photograph, scanned signature and scanned copies of the documents
- Applicants should have the printout after submitting the online application. The hard copy will be mandatory at the time of the interview for the verification
- The candidates should make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in the notification
- At the time of filling out the application, candidates must provide their active Email and Contact number as further communication will be via the given E-mail only
- It is the responsibility of the candidates who are applying for admission that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and norms for Ph.D. in Psychology and Clinical Psychology program. If it is found that at any stage of the procedure, they don’t fulfill eligibility, the application will be summarily rejected without entertaining any communication in regard to this